MANLAND: The Ultimate Mancave Site

In Beer, BBQ and Mancaves we trust!!

Guys:

We are excited to announce the 1st edition of MAN CAVES, a special-edition magazine from the publishers of WOOD magazine. Publication Editor Carl Voss sent us the following info on the magazine:

The premier issue of Man Caves will be on the newsstands July 17th. If you visit manlandsite.com regularly, you're certain to see some familiar names and faces. In fact, 12 pages of material are from Manland members:

Richard Gooch and his Shed Bar (all for $500)
Joe Reisinger and his Bear Cave, featuring a Chicago Bears theme
Walt Chilcott's Touchdown Tavern (6 TV screens)
Manland North's beer fridge ($71 upgrade to an almond-colored fridge)
Jeremy Parker's hockey-stick bar (constructed from 283 sticks)
Paul Rice's Colorado Can Cave (a collection of 2,000 beer cans)
Craig Dayton's garage condo (part of community of similar garage spaces)
Jim Meehan's Big-League Basement

Where to buy on the newsstand ($6.99 cover price): Home centers (Lowe's, Home Depot, Menards and similar) are your best bet.

I just received my pre-release copy today, and I can say the magazine is spectacular. Buy a copy when it hits the newstands later this month!

Tags: 15 Mantastic Space, Man Caves, Mancaves & Other Mantastic Spaces 2012, Wood magazine, Wood special interest publications

Views: 5419

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where can I buy this at? I need it ASAP

The magazine hits the newsstands on July 17th, Chris. You can get it at: Home centers (Lowe's, Home Depot, Menards and similar).

Chris said:

Where can I buy this at? I need it ASAP

Ordered mine yesterday using link, $10 with shipping (regular), I went with 2-4 day mail for $3 more. It was easy, can't wait to get it!

Thanks for your kind words about the publication. To a person, the manlandsite guys were great to work with.

Yes, we're considering putting together another Man Caves publication. Here's how you can help:

*If you'd like us to consider your cave for the next issue (or a buddy's space), send a few details a low-res photos (doesn't have to be anything fancy) to carlvoss@mac.com
*Let us know what you'd like to see more of in the next issue
*We attempt to provide ideas that others can adapt for their own space. What should we include in the next issue without repeating ourselves?

Thanks, Carl.

For those still searching for the magazine, can you give us a list of retailers who carry the issue? I've had a few Manlanders tell me they can't find it at Home Depot.

Carl Voss said:

Thanks for your kind words about the publication. To a person, the manlandsite guys were great to work with.

Yes, we're considering putting together another Man Caves publication. Here's how you can help:

*If you'd like us to consider your cave for the next issue (or a buddy's space), send a few details a low-res photos (doesn't have to be anything fancy) to carlvoss@mac.com
*Let us know what you'd like to see more of in the next issue
*We attempt to provide ideas that others can adapt for their own space. What should we include in the next issue without repeating ourselves?

Another source for the Man Caves issue: In some locations in the US, the Man Caves issue is polybagged (as in free) with the September issue WOOD magazine (tablesaw featured on the cover). You can possibly find WOOD magazine issues on traditional newstands like grocery stores, pharmacies, and similar.

There are a lot of twists and turns in magazine distribution; difficult for editor types like myself to ferret out the information on which Lowe's, Menards, and Home Depot have copies on racks (most regularly near the front of the store).

Easier than driving around is to order online: http://www.woodstore.net/mancaves2012.html

Damn cool magazine.  Lots of awesome caves here.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by manlandsouth.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service